Last updated March 22, 2023
SalesVista LLC (“SalesVista”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) holds and processes a wide range of information, some of which relates to you as a job applicant, potential candidate for employment, and/or participant in our recruiting programs or events (collectively, “applicants”). This Privacy Notice describes how we collect and process personal information about you in your capacity as an applicant. It also sets out details of how to contact us if you have any questions regarding the personal information collected about you.
In this context, personal information generally means information from which you are identifiable or can be identified (e.g. your name, telephone number, candidate ID number), or other information about you that can be linked to you. In addition, processing means any activity relating to personal information, including, by way of example, collection, storage, use, consultation, disclosure, sharing and transmission.
In summary, we collect and process personal information about you in order to manage your application process.
This Notice is not a guarantee of employment, and SalesVista reserves the right to hire and/or promote the most qualified applicants, as determined by SalesVista in its sole discretion.
2. What types of personal information do we collect and where do we get it from?
The personal information about you that we collect includes:
- Contact Information – including name, home and business address, phone numbers, email addresses, geolocation data).
- Identification and background information – including date of birth, gender, work eligibility.
- Employment, Experience and Education history – including information in a CV or resume, current and past employment positions, education history (including internal and external employment history, references and professional qualifications.
- Financial information, such as your desired compensation.
- Special Categories information or Sensitive information/Diversity and Equal Opportunities Data – including your ethnic background, age, gender identity, marital status, sexual orientation, pronoun preference, veteran or military duty status, details of any disabilities you have, and socio-economic factors.
- Employment Screening and Background Check information – if you receive an offer of employment with SalesVista, we may separately ask your specific consent to conduct a background or pre-employment screening check which may include criminal background data and financial solvency data.
- Other information – we may also collect any other information which may be voluntarily disclosed by you to SalesVista in the course of the application, publicly available personal information on social media (such as LinkedIn), or information you have provided to a third party recruitment firm or employment agency.
Please see the chart below for more details.
We will typically collect personal information from you, either directly or through your interaction with our information technology resources.
We may receive your personal data from the following sources:
- Directly from yourself.
- External recruitment agencies.
- Employment screening and background check providers.
- Publicly available sources such as LinkedIn.
- Employment references you provide.
- Regulatory or governmental bodies/organizations.
The personal information about you that we collect includes information within the below categories. These categories also represent the categories of personal information that we have collected over the past 12 months and shared with our service providers. Note that the categories listed below are defined by California state law. Inclusion of a category in the list below indicates only that we may collect some information within that category. It does not necessarily mean that we collect all information listed in a particular category.
Purpose of Processing
Personal identifiers. Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number*, driver’s license number*, passport number*, or other similar identifiers.
A subset of this data is collected to:
Information About You. Information that identifies, relates to, describes, or is capable of being associated with, a particular individual, including, but not limited to, your name, signature, social security number*, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number*, insurance Notice number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.
A subset of this data is collected to:
Characteristics of classes protected under federal or California law, including: familial status, disability, sex, national origin, religion, color, race, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, ancestry, source of income, age, or genetic information.
A subset of this data is collected to:
Usage Information. Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with an Internet Web site, application, or advertisement.
A subset of this data is collected to:
Recordings. Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
A subset of this data is collected:
Professional or employment-related information
A subset of this data is collected to:
Inferences drawn from other personal information: Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes
3. Sensitive Personal Information
We do not use or disclose sensitive personal information we collect for purposes other than those generally permitted under California law, including as needed to perform our services, verify and maintain the quality and safety of our services, and resist fraud or illegal actions. We collect the following sensitive personal information.
Purpose of Processing
Social security number, driver’s license number or other state ID number, and passport information.
Racial or ethnic origin, religious or philosophical beliefs, or union membership
Personal information concerning a consumer’s sex life or sexual orientation
Biometric information, which includes physiological, biological or behavioral characteristics that can be used, singly or in combination with each other or with other identifying information, to establish individual identity.
4. Why do we process personal information about you?
We process personal information about you, in accordance with applicable law and this Notice, for the purposes of administering your application with us, administering our recruitment process generally, and running our business operations.
Processing for these general purposes includes, but is not limited to, processing for the following specific purposes:
- communication with you;
- management of your application process;
- Management of our recruitment process;
- background checks and drug checks, to the extent permitted by applicable law;
- reimbursement of expenses in accordance with our policies;
- risk management;
- investigations and audits by SalesVista or governmental authorities;
- internal technical and operational support;
- advice from consultants in connection with our business operations; and
- compliance with law
5. Who do we share personal information about you with, and why?
The broad classes of third parties to which we may transfer personal information about you in the above categories include:
- To our third-party service providers to facilitate the services they provide to us (e.g., IT service providers, background screening providers and employment benefit providers) so we can process your application.
- To fraud prevention agencies, law enforcement agencies, public and government authorities to meet our legal obligations.
- As required or permitted by law, including to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process or government and ombudsman request, to entities or persons when SalesVista reasonably believes that disclosure is legally required.
- In connection with a sale, merger or acquisition.
We do not and do not intend “sell” personal information about you or “share” it for cross-context behavioral advertising, as defined under applicable privacy law. We also have not done so for the last 12 months. In addition, we do not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing or advertising purposes.
For purposes of this Notice, “sold” means the disclosure of personal information for monetary or other valuable consideration and “cross-context behavioral advertising” means targeted advertising based on personal information obtained from your activity across businesses, distinctly‐branded websites, applications, or services, other than our websites and services with which you intentionally interact.
We will endeavor to ensure that all non-governmental third parties to which we transfer personal information about you agree, as part of their contract with us, to treat personal information about you in accordance with applicable privacy laws.
6. Where do we keep personal information about you and for how long do we keep it?
We store personal information about you in physical files or on computer systems operated by or under the instruction of SalesVista, and/or in hard copy form at our premises or at off-site storage locations leased to SalesVista.
In general, we aim to keep personal information only for as long as necessary and only for the reason(s) we collected it. It may be necessary to keep personal information longer than our official retention periods for legal or regulatory reasons, including litigation.
We consider the following criteria when determining how long a particular record will be retained, including any personal information contained in that record:
- How long the record is needed to manage your application
- How long the record is needed to support and enhance our operational processes
- How long the record is needed to protect our rights and legal interests
- How long the record must be retained to comply with applicable laws and regulations
The same personal information about you may be included in more than one record and used for more than one purpose, each of which may be subject to different retention periods based on the factors listed above.
In addition, any personal information contained in any application-related correspondence (such as emails) or other records may be retained for longer periods depending on the retention period of the file in which your personal information is held.
7. How do we keep personal information about you secure?
We have reasonable measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, used, or accessed in an unauthorized way. We limit access to personal information to those who have a business need for such access. Those individuals who process personal information on our behalf may do so only in an authorized manner. They are also subject to a duty of confidentiality. We limit access to our premises and to our computer networks, and we take reasonable steps to safeguard against unauthorized access to such premises and networks. We have procedures in place to manage any suspected information security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of an information security breach consistent with legal requirements.
8. What are your rights in relation to personal information about you and how can you exercise them?
Depending on where you live, your current jurisdiction and applicable privacy laws, and subject to any relevant restrictions/exemption, you may be entitled to all or some of the rights described below regarding your personal information, subject to certain conditions and limitations. Only those rights relevant in your jurisdiction will apply, and our inclusion of information about privacy laws does not imply that all privacy laws are applicable. We may, however, choose to offer these rights, even if we are not required to under applicable privacy law.
If you are a California resident, you may have these rights.
- Right to Know – You may be entitled to request that we disclose to you the personal information we have collected about you, the categories of sources from which we collected the information, the purposes of collecting the information, the categories of third parties with whom we have shared the information, the categories of personal information that we have shared with third parties for a business purpose, the categories of information sold, and the categories of third parties information is sold to. In some instances, you may have the right to receive information about you in a portable and readily usable format. Before providing any of this information, we must be able to verify your identity.
- Right to Opt-Out – You may have the right to opt out of information sharing that constitutes “selling” or “sharing” personal information under California law.
- Right to Limit –You may have the right to direct us to limit our use of your sensitive personal information to certain purposes.
- Right to Deletion – Subject to certain conditions, you may be entitled to request that we delete personal information about you. Before deleting personal information, we must be able to verify your identity. We will not delete personal information about you when the information is required to fulfill a legal obligation, is necessary to exercise or defend legal claims, or where we are required or permitted to retain the information by law. For example, we cannot delete certain personal information about you while continuing to provide you with certain products and services or where we are legally required to retain certain information.
- Right to Correction – You may be entitled to request that we correct inaccurate personal information. Before collecting personal information, we must be able to verify your identity. We will not correct personal information about you when the information is required to fulfill a legal obligation, is necessary to exercise or defend legal claims, or where we are required or permitted to retain the information as-is by law.
Data solely retained for data backup purposes is principally excluded from these rights until it is restored to an active system or next accessed or used for a sale, disclosure, or commercial purpose.
If you chose to exercise any of these rights, to the extent that they apply, privacy law prohibits us from discriminating against you on the basis of choosing to exercise your privacy rights.
Please note that under applicable privacy law, we are only obligated to respond to personal information requests from the same California resident up to two times in a 12-month period. In addition, under applicable privacy law, and for the protection of your personal information, we may be limited in what personal information we can disclose.
Before providing information, your request in accordance with these rights, we must be able to verify your identity. In order to verify your identity, you will need to submit information about yourself, including your name, contact information, and other reasonable information as requested by SalesVista.  We will match this information against information we have previously collected about you or provided to you to verify your identity and your request. If we are unable to verify your identity as part of your request, we will not be able to satisfy your request. We are not obligated to collect additional information in order to enable you to verify your identity. For deletion requests, you will be required to submit a verifiable request for deletion and then confirm separately that you want personal information about you deleted.
If you would like to appoint an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf, you must provide the agent with written, signed permission to submit privacy right requests on your behalf. Alternatively, your authorized agent may provide evidence of having power of attorney or acting as a conservator for you. Note that we may require you to verify your identity with us directly before we provide any requested information to your authorized agent unless your authorized agent has power of attorney or acts as a conservator, in which case we will not contact you directly.
Information collected for purposes of verifying your request will only be used for verification.
You can submit requests related to your personal information by calling us at 866-757-8782 to speak to a member of our team or BY
Email at email@example.com or by mail to:
Attn: Human Resources
5080 Peachtree Blvd, Suite 220
Chamblee, GA 30341
9. Changes to this Privacy Notice
We may change this Notice at any time. The Notice, and any updates to the Notice, will be posted on www.salesvista.com. You may visit www.salesvista.com/privacy-policy to view the most current version of the Notice. The date the Notice was last revised will appear at the top of the page as the effective date. In addition, a then-current version of the Notice will be mailed to the home address we have on file for you at the end of each calendar year, along with some other end-of-year notices.
10. Where can you find out more?
If you have any questions, concerns, complaints or suggestions regarding our Notice or the personal information collected about you, please contact your local HR Manager or call 866-757-8782